Over Mother's Day weekend, I was having family over and looking for a game that could entertain everyone regardless of their gaming skill level, thus the release of Jackbox Party Pack 3 on Nintendo Switch couldn't have come at a better time. Each entry in the Jackbox series consists of a set of humorous trivia-based party games in which players use their cellphones or tablets a controller. Here's a brief rundown of the five games included in Park Pack 3:
- Quiplash: A game of fill-in-the-blank where each player does their best to submit the funniest possible answer.
- Trivia Murder Pary: A trivia quiz in which the players that answer questions incorrectly face off against each other in mini-games in order to keep from being eliminated.
- Guesspionage: Players attempt to guess the results of worldwide polling data for a series of silly survey questions.
- Tee K.O. : Everyone draws pictures and writes slogans on their phone screens, and then players complete to mix and match these to make the funniest (and usually most offensive) t-shirt designs.
- Faking It: All but one player (the "faker") are given a piece of information or a task. The other players then attempt to guess who the faker is, while the faker tries to blend in with everyone else.